We are not the only nation with a potato pancake recipe, but this is definately one of the best ones out there! 🙂 In Hungary we call this, originally peasant dish, Tócsni.
Ingredients (for 4 people):
- 1 kg (2 pounds) yellow potatoes
- 150 g (0,3 pounds) all purpose flour
- canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 jumbo egg
- 3 cloves of garlic
- peel and grate the potatoes with a fine grater
- add the flour, salt, pepper, the mashed cloves of garlic and the egg
- mix together
- heat up plenty of canola oil, once the oil is really hot, add the potato dough, one spoonful at a time
- fry both sides until they are golden brown
- serve while hot!
These delicious potato pancakes can be a side dish to any meat dish or they can be enjoyed on their own with garlic and sour cream on top.